Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mawwiage.

Julia and Matthew went and got hitched. Much to my chagrin, Matt's last name does not happen to be Goolia. Ah well.

The wedding kicked ass, and congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. But this is my blog, so it's all about me on these here internets.

So now I'd like to go over a few things I learned about myself during my weekend in Statesboro, Georgia:

  • Evidently my skill as an orator is purely subjective. It depends solely on the preceding speaker, and whether or not the topic happens to be, "Disney movies really get me hot."
  • I do have self-control. When faced with a potentially disastrous opportunity like open access to the bride's Facebook account on her wedding day, as she's occupied with beauty rituals, I can resist any urge to update her status with "Julia is on a bus to Mexico," or "Julia is still so wasted." I can opt instead for "Julia is getting married today!" No, I don't regret that blown chance at all.
  • I am officially the fierce single sister. No, really, someone I had never met before knew this about me. Holla!
  • I am a dance machine, and it clearly runs in the family. My niece and nephew? Dude, they can breakdance at two years old. My mother and I might have gotten into a booty-dropping contest. And I definitely got a "whoa, a little too much" at one point. 
  • I am positive that I ate something as a child that stunted my growth. My guesses? The McDonald's fish sandwiches or the tri-flavor popcorn from a tin. I've always been the family shrimp, but the height gap keeps expanding. I look like I stumbled out of Munchkin Land in most of the wedding photos. 
  • Beer and cake are a classy combination, and I'm classy chick for loving the hell out of it.
  • Nope, still can't pull off a strapless dress. IBTC, FTW.
  • I am not a cougar. I'm a puma.
  • I still don't want a wedding.

4 comments:

Allison said...

testes, testes, 1, 2, 3...

TILTE said...

i got your testes right here...

btw- your sister has great taste in dresses. and you look so pretty all done up(i'm assuming you're the bridesmaid to the left of the bride). i would find a reason to post that shit all over my blog.

Allison said...

there will be more hotness once she gets all the photos back, belie'dat.

I shoot Savannah said...

If you ever did get married, you need those crazy but awesome photographers to be there to document it!!!